Velma is an Idaho-based software company that builds marketing and process automation solutions for mortgage lenders. We are a small, fun, dynamic team, 14 years in business and growing fast with our new product, Connector. We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our growing company. They should be flexible and a great team member, willing to work with and learn new technologies as we build and enhance our software product offerings.
The Software Developer participates in the development of new products, enhancing existing products, and determining technology strategies for the company. They will work with other Development team members to create high quality solutions that are scalable and easy to maintain. As part of the Development team, they will take a lead role on some projects including participating in requirements gathering, technical analysis, and providing direction to fellow team members.
Software Developer’s responsibilities include:
- Participate in developing future products & services and maintaining existing ones
- Provide technical support and usage guidance to other team members for existing solutions
- Software development tasks including coding in various languages and technologies
- Configuring and troubleshooting existing cloud-based solutions
- Help improve company processes
- Be a great team member!
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of work experience as Software Developer or similar role
- Experience working with a team of software developers
- Good communication skills along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication and writing skills in person, via team chat, email, and phone.
- Honesty, candor, and team-building skills.
- One or more of the following: React UX, AngularJS, TypeScript, Amazon Web Services, Microservice Architecture, MS SQL or MySql Database
- Familiarity with mortgage technology, Salesforce
- Experience as developer for SaaS offering
Full-time. Minimum one day a week in office (if local).
- Paid time off (self-managed)
- Employee 401k plan
- Health Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Remote work up to 4 days a week
- Dog-friendly office