Velma is an Idaho-based software company that builds marketing and process automation solutions for mortgage lenders. We are a small, fun, dynamic team, 14 years in business and growing fast with our new product, Connector. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, mortgage-tech savvy individual to lead our product strategy and implementation.
The Product Manager is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including conceptualizing a business need, the solution needed to address it, the business model, the company portfolio fit, and the go-to-market strategy. Tasks include gathering product and customer requirements, prioritizing based on business metrics, building product strategy, defining market messaging, sales collateral development, and sales enablement. A successful Product Manager works with individual closely with company leadership, engineering, sales, marketing, and support to enhance product success and the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Product Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Work with company leadership to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Prioritize product requirements based on business case, strategy, and company needs.
- Define requirements sufficiently to be actionable by software development team.
- Engage with target market through surveys, trade shows, and/or direct communications.
- Define and implement value propositions and go-to-market messaging.
- Participate in sales strategy definition and execution.
- Add help where needed to enable an optimal sales process, including providing content for sales collateral, training, and interfacing with prospects.
- Serve as a strong advocate of the product before potential partners and investors
- Improve company processes.
- Be a great team member!
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in the FinTech space, preferably mortgage specific.
- Familiarity with the mortgage process and technology, ideally working for a lender and involved in the origination process.
- 5+ years of working experience
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to construct value proposition and plan marketing tactics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to build business case and quantitatively value alternatives.
- Experience with software and IT technologies, particularly SaaS, databases, and email.
- Strong communication and writing skills in person, via phone and email.
- Honesty, candor, and team-building skills.
- Hands-on experience with Encompass LOS or other LOS.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM software.
- Prior experience as product manager for a mortgage SaaS offering.
Full-time. Minimum one day a week in office. (If local)
- Paid time off (self-managed)
- Employee 401k plan
- Health Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Remote work up to 4 days a week
- Dog-friendly office