Velma is an Idaho-based software company that builds marketing and process automation solutions for mortgage lenders. We are a small, fun, dynamic team, 14 years in business and growing fast with our new product, Connector. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, marketing savvy individual to lead our marketing strategy and implementation.
If you are a self-starter, enjoy creative freedom, work well with others, and love making a difference--we want to talk to you.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning, development, and execution of Velma’s marketing initiatives. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Marketing Manager's primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through lead generation and brand building. As the marketing leader for the entire organization, the Marketing Manager will define and implement a digital marketing strategy including lead generation techniques, trade shows, market research, promotions, messaging, sales collateral, advertising, and public relations.
Marketing Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Define marketing strategies to drive new sales and build our brand.
- Develop, refine, and improve messaging until our value prop resonates with the market.
- Implement marketing tactics and oversee their day-to-day implementation
- Generate and execute on creative ideas and quickly iterate to perfect.
- Evaluate trade show strategies.
- Track metrics and work closely with sales and leadership to continuously improve.
- Interface and manage outside designers and vendors.
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
- Improve company processes.
- Be a great team member!
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of marketing and lead generation experience for a product company
- Experience with click-through marketing funnels and email campaigns
- Demonstrated success defining and launching marketing campaigns
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to construct value proposition and plan marketing tactics.
- Analytical skills to learn from mistakes and iterate to improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication and writing skills in person, via phone and email.
- Honesty, candor, and team-building skills.
- Experience in the software space, preferably FinTech (mortgage) market.
- Familiarity with the mortgage process and technology, ideally working for a lender and involved in the origination process.
- Hands-on experience with click-through funnels and landing pages.
- Graphic design skills.
- Prior experience as marketing leader for technology company.
Full-time. Minimum one day a week in office. (If local)
- Paid time off (self-managed)
- Employee 401k plan
- Health Insurance
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Remote work up to 4 days a week
- Dog-friendly office